Deadline posticipata al 30 Giugno 2015
Hórisma is a book series issued by the university publisher Ledizioni and founded by a group of Ph.D. students, whose aim is to publish and disseminate multidisciplinary analysis – theoretical and empirical – made by young scholars that want to look beyond the borders of their own discipline.
The members of the Advisory Board of Hórisma are pleased to invite young researchers (PhD students, Postdoctorate researchers, Fellowship researchers, early career researchers) to participate in a project financed by the Università degli Studi di Milano and by the Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca. The selected papers will be published by the end of 2015 and the authors will be invited to participate in a conference on September 23rd and 24th, 2015. The Advisory Board will select the most deserving paper and the author will be awarded with a prize of 200 euro.
The current scientific debate about food and nutrition requires a careful consideration of the contribution that young scholars from different disciplinary backgrounds can provide to the identification of balanced evolutionary paths.
The Universal Exposition to be held in Milan in 2015 (EXPO) is focused on the topic of food sustainability, in its multiple meanings, as a central element to guarantee a worldwide development. As a matter of fact, critical or proactive analysis on food trends in the international scenario has been predominant so far.
The aim of the essays will be to analyze the possible developments of food production and consumption from different perspectives.
- Food and environmental sustainability. Contributions focused on this topic will analyze problems related to water and food scarcity, paying particular attention to the development of GMO technologies;
- Food and health. Contributions focused on this topic will analyze the problems related to undernourishment and malnourishment, whose effects can be observed not only in developing countries, but also in the Western ones;
- Food and equity. Contributions focused on this topic will put in the spotlight the problems related to the so called “food security” (unpredictability of food prices, agricultural productivity, equity of access to resources);
- Food and culture. Contributions focused on this topic will highlight the links between food habits, social identity and culture.
Any young scholar interested in disseminating his/her new and unpublished paper is invited to submit an abstract along with a brief scientific curriculum vitae by June 15th, 2015 to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
The abstracts cannot exceed the length of 2,000 characters (spaces included) and must be written in English.
The received abstracts will be subjected to a blind review made by the scientific committee. The evaluation of the abstracts will be based on the following elements: relevance for the advancement of knowledge on the addressed issue, originality of the research, clarity on the questions and objectives of the research study, quality of the bibliography being referenced, methodological rigor.
The results of the blind review will be made known by July 15th, 2015.
The paper must be written in English following the editorial criteria that will be communicated to each author of the accepted papers and it cannot exceed the length of 35,000 characters (spaces and footnotes included). The authors of the accepted papers will be asked to submit the final text of their contributions to be published by September 15th, 2015.
The accepted contributions will be published by the end of 2015 in an essays collection that will be part of Hórisma.
Hórisma Scientific Committee:
- Patrizia Borsellino (Full Professor of Philosophy of Law and Bioethics – Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca)
- Yuri Kazepov (Full Professor of Internationale Stadtsoziologie – University of Wien)
- Davide Maggi (Associate Professor of Business Economic – Università degli Studi del Piemonte Orientale)
- Monica Martinelli (Assistant Professor of Sociology – Università Cattolica di Milano)
- Michel Misse (Associate Professor of Sociologia do Crime e da Violência – Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro)
- Giuseppe Mosconi (Full Professor of Sociology of Law – Università degli Studi di Padova)
- Luigi Pannarale (Full Professor of Sociology of Law – Università degli Studi di Bari)
- Emilio Reyneri (Full Professor of Sociology – Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca)
- Roberta Sala (Researcher of Political Philosophy– Università Vita-Salute San Raffaele, Milano)
- Emilio Santoro (Full Professor of Sociology of Law – Università degli Studi di Firenze)
- Guglielmo Scaramellini (Full Professor of Geography –Università Statale di Milano)
- Francesco Tesauro (Full Professor of Tax Law – Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca)
– Abstract submission: June 30th, 2015
– Paper acceptance notification: July 15th, 2015
– Full paper submission: September 15th, 2015
– Conference: September 23rd and 24th, 2015
For any information, please, do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This project has been funded by the University of Milano-Bicocca through the competition announcement “1000 lire”, in collaboration with ASB, LDS e SI, and by the University of Milano through the competition announcement “Attività Culturali”.